Long time no see! Well, not that long I suppose. I’ve been outside, enjoying our beautiful summer (I hope y’all are doing the same).
Faye nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award – my first award on SS&SS! Thank you so much Faye. Go check out her blog, everyone!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your blog post.
The questions for me:
What is your favorite song and why?
My favorite song changes on a regular basis, but the one I keep coming back to is “Beautiful People” by Ed Sheeran ft. Khalid. I love Ed Sheeran’s voice and for some reason the lyrics in this song really resonate with me. The beat is also great!
Favorite book series and why?
My all-time favorite is The Mother-Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick. The series is middle-grade fiction and I discovered it years and years ago, but the characters are all so different (it’s told from five different POVs) and the plot lines of each book are creative and fun. Plus, the author’s sense of humor is absolutely hysterical. They’re a great read for any age in my opinion.
Favorite movie and why?
I love The Parent Trap – the original and the remake. I can’t really choose which one is better. The twins are so mischevious and the movie is super entertaining.
Favorite flower and why?
My favorite flowers are hydrangeas because they’re super puffy (in a sense) and come in all different colors – depending on the pH level of the soil, in fact!
Favorite memory and why?
There are so many to choose from! I used to live in California (after being born in Alaska and relocated back and forth) and I have a lot of great memories from living there. My favorite one is actually from the day after I moved there. I got to meet our neighbor’s Chihuahua, Chloe. I was only eight at the time and Chloe and her owner were the first people I met there. Chloe passed away last year, but my own Chihuahua, Callie, reminds me of her.
What is a small thing you are incredibly proud of?
Hmm. (Anyone else have the problem where they have problems answering questions they would normally have an immediate answer to?) I guess I’m pretty proud of my bookshelf, actually. The one that’s rainbow color-coordinated, remember?
Do you have a bunch of friends or a few or really close friends?
I’m going to have to say I’m smack dab in the middle, honestly. I have two friend groups – my school/ski friends and my church friends. And then I have super close friends who aren’t in either of those groups who I love to death.
Are you a straight A’s kinda student, a few B’s and C’s, or failing kind of student?
Straight A’s, lol.
Do you play an instrument and if so, for how long?
I played piano for about nine years. I occasionally will go sit down and play, but I don’t do it consistently anymore. I would like to pick it back up, but I’m not sure I have the time.
What is a fact about yourself that is immediately apparent to new people that you meet?
Probably the fact that I’m pretty athletic. Besides the fact that I wear workout clothes a lot, I look like I’m in good shape. (Year-round ski training kind of shows.) 😂
Alternatively, what is a fact about yourself that only your closest friends (and now the internet) knows?
This is already on my blog, but the fact that I love swingsets! It’s easy to share that kind of information to my fifty followers, but I only have a couple of friends in real life who know that.
Here’s who I’m nominating:
… and anyone else who wants to do it!
Your questions are (I knew I was forgetting something . . .)
- What is something huge you’ve accomplished that when you look back on, you are incredibly proud of?
- Something you absolutely have to do before you die?
- Biggest regret in the last month/year/your entire life?
- What is something you would love to do, but you are too scared to do it?
- What is something you admire that other people can do, but you can’t? (It can be about their personality or an actual skill.)
- Go-to outfit?
- What does your dream room look like?
- What is the first thing you would do if you were the opposite gender? (Lol for me, it’s running at night . . .)
- Favorite song to jam to in the car?
- What moment in your life would you love to go back and re-live?
- Where would you absolutely love to be right now?
Have fun! Thanks again for the fun award, Faith!