Hola, mis amigos.
While it may have been nice for the government to announce the coronavirus as an April Fool’s joke, let’s be realistic.
March may have felt like an entire year, and we’re still at home. I don’t know about you, but I have music playing constantly in the background whenever I’m in my room (which is about 95% of the time). As I mentioned in my Life post at the end of March, I upgraded to Spotify premium so I could play my music in whatever order I wanted. Probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made – if you’re thinking about upgrading, I 10/10 recommend.
Because I listen to music so much, I’m always cycling through playlists and getting tired of the same old songs. If you have the same struggle, maybe this playlist will give you some good ideas!
Quick disclaimer, though . . . check with your parents before you listen to these songs! These are just my personal jams at the moment and different families have different rules about music enjoyment. None of these songs have parental advisory labels on them but you should still check.
So without further ado, here’s a mix of my main playlists, in no particular order:
- shut up – Greyson Chance
- Rebels – Ivy Adara
- Out of Love – Alessia Cara
- Dazed & Confused – Ruel
- So Am I – Ava Max
- I Believe You – FLETCHER
- Fortress – Lennon Stella
- Rooting For You – Alessia Cara
- Wasted Youth – FLETCHER
- Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
- Heartless – Kanye West
- Friends – Ella Henderson
- Over My Head – FLETCHER
- Face To Face – Ruel
- Famous – Ivy Adara
- Princess – FLETCHER
- Saturday Nights – Khalid
- War Paint – FLETCHER
- Sunday Best – Surfaces
- Ring – Selena Gomez
- Real Thing – Ruel
- Give Your Heart a Break – Demi Lovato
- Replay – Zendaya
- Younger – Ruel
- Almost Love – Sabrina Carpenter
- Ruin That For Me – Avenue Beat
- Glorious – Ella Henderson
- L.A. – Rosie Darling & OKO
- Ghost – Oliver Nelson Remix – Ella Henderson & Oliver Nelson
- Riptide – Vance Joy
- I Found You – Andy Grammer & Cash Cash
- Lost – Blake Rose
- Seeing Other People – MacKenzie Porter
- Living Proof – Camila Cabello
- stupid – Tate McRae (love love love this one and if you have TikTok you’ll probably recognize it)
- Too Young – Sabrina Carpenter (Sabrina Carpenter’s older music is really good)
- Clearly – Grace VanderWaal
- Thumbs – Sabrina Carpenter
- Seamless – Sabrina Carpenter
- Have It All – Jason Mraz
- Little Talks – Of Monsters and Men
- La Di Da – Lennon Stella (10/10 a great song)
- Wild Things – Alessia Cara (this one is a bop!)
- death bed – Powfu
- Maniac – Conan Gray (dance party, anyone?)
- Had It All – Parachute
- Someone To You – BANNERS
- Peer Pressure – James Bay
- River of Tears – Alessia Cara
- In My Head – Peter Manos
- better off – Jeremy Zucker
- Yellow Lights – Harry Hudson
- If the World Was Ending – JP Saxe & Julia Michaels (another one off TikTok)
- Complicated – Olivia O’Brien
- All My Friends – AJ Mitchell
- Dancing With Your Ghost – Sasha Sloan (also a bop, kind of a sad bop, but a bop nonetheless)
- Hard Sometimes – Ruel
- Worst of You – Maisie Peters
- Keep On – Sasha Sloan
- Salt – Ava Max
- scared – Jeremy Zucker
- smiling when i die – Sasha Sloan
- Still Into You – Meadowlark
My favorite artists at the moment are Sasha Sloan, Sabrina Carpenter, Alessia Cara, Ruel, and FLETCHER (though you have to be careful with some of her songs, because there’s quite a bit of profanity in a couple of them. These ones are clean though).
I also listen to quite a bit of Christian and country music, but neither of those genres really mix well with the playlist above, so I might save those for a later post if y’all are interested in seeing some of that.
Also I know some of those songs are better known for their TikTok videos, but I actually don’t even have TikTok. 😂 I see them on Instagram sometimes, however.
One last thing before I wrap this post up – you guys left so many sweet and supportive commens on my Life: March post and let me just say, they made my week! The responses from that post were completely unexpected but most welcome. Thank you for your support, I’m so glad to have made so many great friends on the blogosphere. 🙂
What music have y’all been listening to recently? Do you like any of the songs above? What are your song recommendations for me? I’m always up for new music!